Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Transplant - Day 2

Arrived in Cleveland yesterday (Tuesday), was admitted and began receiving the first set of chemo last night. The first chemo drug (busulfan) is the mildest one and usually doesn't cause nausea, etc so that's encouraging but the next two are more powerful and more likely to cause side effects.

Reading through the Psalms so you'll probably get a dose of those as I keep you updated during the transplant:

Psalm 13:6 "I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me."

This is my prayer today. That I would not only agree with Scripture that God has and continues to deal bountifully with me no matter what my circumstances but that I will praise Him ("sing" to Him) for His past, continuing and future goodness to me. David pens these words not in a relative time of prosperity but in the midst of an incredible trial as related in verses 1 and 2:

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?"

May our testimony in trials be like David's - not only reliance and trust in God but praise for His goodness despite circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. The Amstutz's are lifting you up in prayer knowing we serve a most powerful God. You're amazing even in your most challenging of days you continue to teach us!! (I read Dan & Mary's comment about the "amp." I saw the same thing attached to ours as well. At least I guess I didn't do something whaco. - ha)

    ReplyDelete