Friday, November 27, 2009

Small disappointment

Had a pretty discouraging disapointment recently. The stem cell collecting went great - I was done in two days - so we left on Wednesday for a long Thanksgiving weekend at home before returning back to be admitted on Tuesday. No sooner than we got home, however, that I started running a fever and we had to head back to the hospital, Lima first and then a midnight transport to Cleveland, where they admitted me early in the morning of Thanksgiving and are currently pumping me with antibiotics and trying to find the source of the fever. The disappointment reminded me again of how easy it is to lose eternal perspective. While I thought a long weekend was of utmost importance, I am reminded again that God's purposes are eternal and that His desire is to conform me into a person who glorifies Him by thinking and acting in the eternal realm instead of the temporal. I'll be the first to admit though, it sure ain't natural or easy.

Hebrews 4:14-16

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment