Monday, November 9, 2009

at the Hope Lodge

We've been blessed again with a place at the Hope Lodge which I mentioned in an earlier blog. Had my Horizon Catheter placed today with no problems. It's a bit uncomfortable right now but is sure going to be worth any discomfort considering that from now on I won't need an IV to give blood samples, stem cells or receive chemo. Kim and I were singing the hymn "How Firm a Foundation" yesterday. The entire hymn is so encouraging with the truths that are presented. For example, verses 2 and 3:

‘Fear not, I am with thee; O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

When thro’ fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

I'm finding more and more that I need continual, repetitive reminders of God's wonderful truths or off I go letting my mind wander to worry, fear, etc. Please pray for us, especially during these next 6 weeks or so as my treatments intensify. Pray that Kim and I would be continually reminded of God's goodness, omnipotence and loving work in our lives through this time and that our "dross is consumed" to be replaced by the gold of God's righteousness.

2 Tim 2:19: "Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

1 comment:

  1. Rob & Kim:

    Please know that we have been lifting you up in prayer and will continue to do so for strength and courage and wisdom for your doctors.

    Ken & Chris

    ReplyDelete