Saturday, September 12, 2009

home

It's good to be home. Got dismissed from St. Rita's Thursday at about lunch time and have enjoyed the time since then getting used to being home again. The church guys did an incredible job installing a ramp for my chair and I can't thank them enough. Everyone who has seen it has complimented on how professional of a job it is. You guys should go in business! My parents came up yesterday and spent some time with us. It was wonderful seeing them again as I haven't seen them in over a month. We won't be able to spend much time away from home - especially in places with lots of people like church - as my oconologist has told me to keep away from such situations in order to keep as healty as possible for treatments.

I'm trying to set up a good routine at home between rest/recreation, the therapy exercises they gave me to continue and devotional time with God. I've found I get into bad ruts when I'm in situations where structure isn't a part of my life. If I don't create the structure, my sinful tendency is to get into bad habits. Of course this is no mystery to God who provided structure for His first created beings Adam and Eve - dividing the time into day and night and giving them jobs to do. The fact that this was done before sin tells us that the need for structure isn't because of our sinful nature. I believe God is a God of structure and having structure in our lives pleases him. Please pray for Kim and I as we establish structure and schedule at home. Also please pray for us and our trip to Cleveland on Monday for 3 days of chemo. Again, please pray primarily for growth and help pleasing Him!

With love,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment