Thursday, January 10, 2013

The stem cell transplant itself took place yesterday (Weds).  Once they got the bag hooked up, the infusion itself only took about 30 minutes.  They kept me an hour afterwards for observation and then released us to go back to the Hope Lodge.  It was really wierd for both Kim and I knowing everything that we'vre been through leading to this dinky little bag that looked just like about a half a pint of dark blood which contained the donated cells.  Our nurse said that there's not much chance of anything eventful happening in the next 5-7 days so I've got today off, labwork tomorrow (Fri), and then if everything checks out, the weekend off.

BTW, 31 years ago today I was a 17 year old high school senior literally freezing my butt off at the coldest NFL game in histrory.  -59 wind chill but a great Bengal win over the Chargers and a birth in their first Super Bowl.   There's NO WAY I'll ever do that again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you both - for God's invading presence and joy.

    ReplyDelete